Thursday, June 17, 2010

Crossing off the to do list

Like any expectant mother, I continue to nest for my upcoming teenage arrival, but this also means I'm crossing several things off my to-do list as I am nesting. I've been gradually working on her room- adding furniture, rearranging, hanging up shelves, and cleaning out a lot of junk. I've had these shelves lying around along with the stuff that I've put on them. I fully expect her to redecorate and add her own pictures, but I just didn't want them to be empty when she first walked in! I went to Michael's to buy the supplies to decoupage the letters in Julie's name, but they didn't have the kind that I used with Jackson's and the ones they had were pretty expensive. I may have to improvise.


And much to the annoyance of my husband, "Why are you taking so many pictures?", I am getting several pictures to use for my photobook. Of course this means having my camera with me at all times and taking several pictures a day.... Somebody's gotta do it! I still haven't decided how I am going to print the book, but I've limited my options and I know for sure that I will cover whatever type of book I get with contact paper. That's a start, right?

Jackson and Daddy playing with Bubbles

Drawing pictures with chalk

Piggy-back rides!

Look at my handsome men!

In other news, I just bought MegaBus tickets for my sister and I to go up to Chicago next weekend. I've heard about it through several venues so I'm interested in giving it a shot. I don't think $35 to Chicago from Kansas City is all that bad of a price, even though tickets were only $20 when I looked a few weeks ago. That's what I get for being lazy! Oh well. Sometimes you can get tickets for as low as $1 to different places. I am anxious to see if it's a decent trip so I can plan to do it more often! I will definitely keep you posted!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Amy, too, and I just found your blog through another one. I am going to follow you because I am really interested in reading more of your story.

    Please come visit my blog if you get a chance! http://purple-hippie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you are hosting a foreign exchange student! My husband's family hosted a girl when he was in high school and he still considers her a sister / his mom thinks of her as a daughter. Kudos! I hope to open my home someday as well!

    Love your pictures and your photobook idea!

    Visiting from iFellowship

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome that you're having a foreign exchange student. I always wished that my parents would have hosted one..no such luck. The shelves look really cute.

    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last picture is so adorable and yes, those shelves are cute:)
    BTW, I have an award waiting for you on my blog, come and grab it because you truly deserve it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Amy! Great pictures! Have a super day today!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails