Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mourning the loss of a friend

Okay, so I'm being a bit dramatic. My friend is alive and well, but she's just not here. It's Wednesday. And she always comes over on Wednesday's for lunch (sometimes other days too!). Sure it's cool that she got selected to attend the Picturing Early America institute this summer and all up in Massachusetts , but what am I supposed to look forward to each week while she's gone?

I really am such a lucky stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) with the coolest friends. I mean, when I have several kiddos here during the day I don't always get out of the house. But instead of being bottled up and lonely-- I have friends that come to me!! How great is that? I mean, I get to have real conversations (I mean, conversations with 18 months-olds are fun and all...) with adults several times a week. And Derek probably doesn't even realize how valuable these friends are to him because without them, I'd just be waiting for him to walk in the door to bombard him with conversation about things he couldn't care less about!

Instead of sitting around lunch-dateless, I decided the next best thing would be to hang out with her offspring. Or maybe I wanted to go see a movie and it was more justified if I went with a 5-year-old. So this morning, Carter came over so that we could go to a Summer Kids movie. The movie of the week is Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs-- it as cute. Carter is a super cute kid and he says the funniest things. Today he told me not to be nervous that he sometimes calls his dad, Trey because it was totally okay!

On the way to the movie
And a stop at McD's for lunch
 Boys and their video games...
 

So, Brooke- we're making it by without you, but it's not nearly as fun. Hope you're having a good time, but hurry back!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I was prepared to be sad but, alas, I was tricked. You know what else could fill the Wednesday void? A good book and a good cup of tea :p

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails